Office hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays; Jim is also available for online virtual sessions at https://portal.vtconnect.net/j...
Jim is a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in the state of Illinois with a Master of Arts in Counseling (MA). Jim has counseled professionally in Illinois since 1995. His experience involves a variety of clinical counseling settings that include private practice, community programs, in-patient mental health, out-patient intensive programs, and church ministries. Jim also carries a background as a writer, social service worker, and pastor at various times over the past 30 years.
- Master of Arts in Counseling (MA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Pastoral Ministry (BA)
License & Certifications
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) in Illinois
- Licensed, Ordained Minister of the Christian Churches & Churches of Christ
- A Bill of Rights for Happy, Healthy People (1995)
- A World Class Love: Building the Relationship of Your Dreams (1997-Video series)
- The Gift of Self Esteem (2015)
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Phone: (815)757-1969
- LinkedIn: Jim Thomson
- Facebook: Samaritan Heritage Counseling
Breanna’s client centered, collaborative and directive style of therapy allows clients to develop a strong connection with her and feel comfortable addressing the topics that brought them to therapy. She understands that all relationships have their difficulties and that everyone needs help at times to learn how to navigate through the struggles. Breanna works closely with clients to help them identify and create their goals for therapy. Once the goals are established she takes an active role in identifying the roadblocks that are hindering her clients and teaches them the necessary tools to get past them. She empowers her clients to have strong and satisfying relationship.
-M.A from Wheaton College
-Prepare/Enrich Premarital Counseling
-Gottman Level one Trained
-Gottman Level Two Trained
-Gottman Couples and Addiction Recovery
email: [email protected]